Friday, July 22, 2011

Turkish People in Turkey

Sometimes I like Turkish people, because they are hospitable. But sometimes I don't, like the people in Grand Bazar... But most time nice people left me deeper impressions, and I'm really happy to meet them. There are several interesting stories between Turkish and me.


In front of our hostel there is a small store selling Turkish souvenir. The people in the above picture is the seller in that shop. He is my first Turkish friend. I went to that shop in an evening and stay for a long time chatting with him. He and another guy work for this store. He entertain me with Turkish apple tea and some nuts. And I bought a lamp from him. He told me to always come to see him after he knew I'm his neighbor living in the hostel. But it's pity that I didn't say goodbye to him when I leave, because his store hasn't open when I left.

Another interesting people I met is a bus driver. That old man is really cute. I was taking the video at the back of our bus. And he saw me taking the photo, so he used gesture to let me take a photo of him. The above picture is not so clear, but you can tell his V sign.

This picture is required by that rug seller in Grand Bazar. I planed to buy a piece of rug first, but because they sell it in a very high price I gave up to buy it. I don't like buy things in Grand Bazar. It's so tired to talk about the price so that I get enjoy the process of buying. He talked lots about his "good" rugs and don't let me go. Finally, I told him I didn't bring enough money and I will come back later in order to get rid of this store. Of course, I didn't go back. Sorry for cheating him

Last one is about a woman I met in the tram. When I took the tram from Grand Bazar to Galata Tower, it was very crowed. There is a woman stood beside me and couldn't find a place to hold on. So I told her to hold my arm. Later, when she find a place that not so crowed she used Turkish to let the people around me leave me some place so that I could get to her side. Even we used different language but the communication never blocked.

People in one country are showing their own identity. Chandan used to said people in different places walking in different ways. Not only in walking, every part of them are telling the differences. I'm happy to know them and their culture from such a short distance. I remember a saying that "Traveling tells you all the things you heard about a country are wrong." Getting into a country you can know the truth about there.

No comments:

Post a Comment